Add green value to your business the easy way…
With the US walking away from the Paris Accord, the environment is back in the headlines – and it’s a fast growing area of the market, with people looking at what companies offer in terms of their ‘green’ credentials.
From the largest down to the smallest business – everyone can make a positive impact by looking at a range of easy changes, they benefit the World as well as your business by engaging new customers without losing any current clients.
Here are 5 quick starters…
- Recycle your paper and card – reuse first if you can e.g. printing on both sides for rough drafts or items you will bin.
- Recycle other office products e.g. toner cartridges, Tassimo pods, old equipment, stamps… pretty much anything will be useful to someone else, and may make you or a charity some money.
- Lower your energy bills by switching off unused equipment, changing to LED lighting, turning off lights in unused rooms.
- Think about company transport use – can you carpool, take the train, have a Skype meeting?
- Use recycled products and let people know you use them e.g business cards, paper and pens and buy recycled equipment when looking for new chairs, tables or printers.
Evidence suggests that these small changes are likely to improve staff health and attendance, reduce bills and by being more socially responsible you will be able to engage a wider audience to your business.
There is so much more you can do if you get the green bug… and if you want to make changes at home too – you can follow www.thefrugalfamily.co.uk.
To prove the US do care about the environment, here’s a great article from the mighty Harvard. http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2009/10/workplace-green-place/