I wanted to prove that I (mostly) practice what I preach… today we had a playdate – idea five on our list. We already had a friend over so that their mum could work today, so extra friends just adds more fun!? I made ‘zones’ in the house so that there were things for people to do, and the garden was ready with toys and scavenger hunts with a quick prayer for a dry day. We had 10 kids in total! Of course the plans are never quite followed as you expect, but everything was played with, not in the groups I had imagined and not in the order I had expected, but kids are always a lore unto themselves I find.
On offer was:
- Table for making beanie boo houses from boxes and Hamma Beads
- Downstairs TV with Trolls movie
- Kitchen for snacks and notes with how to ‘earn’ them
- One bedroom with two board games
- One bedroom with a Lego computer game
- One bedroom with dressing up clothes (the rest of upstairs was ‘out of bounds’)
- All the normal stuff in the garden plus a lovely neighbour has given us their old play tent and some tennis rackets
- Scavenger Hunts and bird feeders to make with cereal and pipe cleaners
Phew! What a great afternoon – lots of fun, no movie needed or computer games as kids just played with each other in changing formations and moving around the things to do. And it stayed dry!