This is another personal favourite because I’m an historian, so it’s a passion of mine I’m hoping to pass onto the kids… they seem vaguely interested if I talk about fighting…
Here are some suggestions for ways you might do some research with the kids.
- Find out about your family history and draw a family tree with them.
- Find out about the history of your home if you know it, look at deeds or records about when it was built?
- Find out about any famous or important local people – who is the church, pub or streets named after? Blue Plaques in London are now looked after by English Heritage, you can search here for other towns and a wider range of plaques we use this site – Blue Plaque Places.
- Ask an older relative or neighbour about their life.
- Watch a film or TV show based in the past we love the film Valiant about pigeons during the Second World War voiced by Ricky Gervais.