I’ve bundled most of December and even this first week of January into this one post, as Our Impact over this period is much easier to think about as a job lot. This is how I feel we have made an impact…
- Recycled as much as possible with mindfulness over wrapping gifts etc. to reduce unnecessary waste – easier for adults than children…
- Reduced our food order from last year to include treats etc, but again more careful planning meant a lot less waste
- Bought 90% of our gifts from local or small producers including a large percentage from charitable or social enterprises
- Encouraged ourselves and others to have a wider impact in their families and communities with the #frugalactsofkindness calendar which was a big hit here at Frugal HQ
- Kept our budget for gifts, and reduced our card sending again – reducing waste and stress!
- One of our acts of kindness was to share anything spare, and this was perhaps the most visible impact for us – we took a box of biscuits to the local care home, toys and toiletries to a local refuge and lots of other small items to places they could be used and were needed – that’s the spirit of Christmas x
Here’s wishing everyone a very Happy New Year – hope to see you here x